Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The President's Volunteer Service Award

Last night Dad was honored by Dubya and awarded The President's Volunteer Service Award (highest level...whoot, whoot!) for all his hard work and time he has given to the State of Utah. He has over 4,000 hours (Dad is this correct?) and it's well deserved! The award ceremony was during the Fire and Ice Festival and was held at the Olympic Speed Skating Oval. They had various booths and different law enforcement there. It was a great night and was a lot of fun. Looking at the pictures makes me laugh because I call my Dad an old man and I think he was the youngest one to be honored! I wish Ray and Rocky were still around as this is something they also deserved. I do have one big question though, when is Dubya going to give me an award for being his biggest fan?

http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/






No comments: