Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Decoration Day

I still call it Decoration Day instead of Memorial Day. It's what my Grandpa Nelson called it and it stuck with me. Mom went down to Fairview on Friday to help Grandma get her flowers from the florist but the weather was too bad. Dad, Susie, Will, Roo and I came down on Saturday. Susie and her family camped up in Milburn in their trailer. Crazy if you ask me, I hate camping in the rain.

Other extended family was there and we all visited and caught up on gossip in between trips to the cemeteries. I always know I've made it to Fairview when I come around the bend and see the cemetery up on the hill and Grandpa Nelson's tree. It's not really his tree but it's next to their plot and he kept his tools in it for when he would visit to clean and water their area.

I came home on Monday and stopped by Camp Williams. I love going there seeing all the flags. After all the traffic, construction and slow drivers it was worth it!

Overall it was a great weekend but it makes me sad. I've lost 3 Grandpa's, 1 Grandma, 3 Uncles and an Aunt. Not fair if you ask me...I miss them all so much!

No comments: