Sunday, May 3, 2009

Uncle Evan

My great uncle Evan passed away recently and Mom, Dad and I just got back from his service in Las Vegas. He was such an amazing guy. He worked for the church most of his life and definitely lived for his family and the church. His service was full of everyone talking about what he always did for everyone else. What a great guy and I'm glad he passed so quickly. If he had to leave us I am glad it was so quickly for him.

Unfortunately funerals are sad but they tend to be a great time to see family. Aunt Joanne came from Florida, Uncle Lewis came from northern California and we also got to visit with Aunt Etta and Aunt Susan from Ivins. Seeing Evans wife and kids and everyone there was sure fun.

Mom, Dad and I did Vegas and the funeral and were back in 29.5 hours! I don't recommend it if you don't have to.

We'll all miss you Evan!

No comments: