Sunday, May 3, 2009

Aunt Mary

May 1st.....the 18th anniversary of Mary's death, the day we laid my cousin Kathy to rest and now Uncle Evan's service. I'm not a big fan of May day! Driving home from the service I though lots about Mary and how much I miss her. There are so many things every day that remind me of her. I'll see, hear or smell something and I think of her. Here are a few...

Microwave popcorn
Chlorine
Alabama (the music group)
Peep toe heels
Yahtzee
Mac'n'Cheese
Bubble bath
Frito's
Masking tape
Backscratchers
Anything yellow
Carnations
Alcohol swabs
Cookie dough straight from the tube
Lady and the Tramp
Tab

It's hard to think that you've been gone 18 years and I only had 12 years with you. You were the best aunt and backup Mom and girl could ask for. I talk to you almost everyday and sometimes people think I've lost it but it helps me. There are times I feel you with me and I treasure those moments. I love you dearly and miss you terribly.

1 comment:

Susie said...

I miss her too!!! I wish she was here so Syddie could know her!