Monday, September 28, 2009

Grandma Nelson

Mom and I spent this last weekend down at Grandma’s. We decided on the ride down that we where going to get her out of the house. She’s been couped up since January in pain and since her surgery last month she has only lef the house for doctor appointments. She was so excited and wanted to go for a walk. So with Mom and I on each arm we were off. We went up the road some and back. I’d say she did about a block. I know it doesn’t sound like much but for what she’s been through it’s a huge milestone. We had the sun behind us on out first walk and we could see our silhouettes. After all she’s been through she’s worried about her figure. She’s looks great and her waist is tiny!

After her walk we went to Mt. Pleasant to get groceries and for a ride. She did great and we even went on another walk later in the evening. Mom took her for her follow up with the surgeon today and he said she is doing amazing. Grandma was worried she might have moved wrong and screwed something up but he assured her that all is well and that she needs to keep moving. I told her next time I come down we’re going for a jog. She laughed and said maybe one day. I’m so glad she is feeling better.

No comments: